You are here:
Home > Mission, Vision & Goals
Mission, Vision & Goals
To work in partnership with county agencies to provide accurate, consistent, accessible, affordable, and comprehensive GIS data, GIS infrastructure, and GIS services to support the unique business needs of Cuyahoga County and the communities we serve.
To become the premier provider of spatial information and GIS services in the region.
- Increase efficiencies and effectiveness of spatial data and GIS applications
- Provide a valued regional resource of spatial information and GIS expertise
- Increase ability of county agencies to meet their business needs.
- Continue logical, enterprise-based and business-driven development of CEGIS data, applications, systems, staff, and regional coordination.
To achieve these goals, CEGIS is organized to:
- Manage the coordination of GIS activity across county departments
- Provide guidance, expertise, and oversight for the local GIS community
- Administer the core CEGIS database
- Administer the core system components that provide access to the CEGIS database
- Coordinate countywide GIS hardware and software purchase and maintenance contracts
- Support maintenance of core GIS data by county departments
- Develop and maintain a standard GIS data and application front end